Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Microphones

This has little to do with anything, but I just relistened to The Microphones' incredible The Glow, Pt. 2 on headphones, and GOD DAMN is that a glorious experience. There are albums that should be played loud on speakers, albums that should be played on headphones, and then there's albums like this, which take on a beautiful pulsing life unfamiliar and exhilarating even after dozens of listens that only reveals itself on a pair of good-ass headphones. Phil Elverum certainly knows how to manipulate sounds, let me tell you.

Man, it's shit like this, this short-ass stuff that gives me that nagging feeling that I need to get a twitter. It's horrible. All the stuff I read about how to succeed as a writer has nothing to do with how to write better, or improve my work ethic or revision strategies, or craft more interesting plots, or shit like that. It's all about BUILDING YR PLATFORM--how often do you tweet? What kind of tweets, man? Do your tweets entice reader interest? But for the love of God, don't try to hard and do one of those "lure" tweets where you're intentionally vague so someone will ask you to elaborate. God damn, man, don't you let a single fucking day go by without a tweet for it is upon that day THAT YOU WILL BECOME NOTHING

Seriously, I don't want to have to tweet. I really don't. Please stop telling me I need to tweet, world, I really don't want to have to deal with that.

WHAT THE HELL THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT THE MICROPHONES

It's this stuff that makes me love and hate writing

Although I suppose you can't really love something unless you hate it too

4 comments:

  1. Oh hey! I had two posts in March! It's my first multi-post month since November!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this rate, I'd be a master at tweeting! Here I come, social media!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey thats pretty good heart pouring down on paper u have done there.

    ReplyDelete