Sunday, August 1, 2010

I am now indistinguishable

from the throng of be-scarfed would-be writers who use their blog instead of writing something of publishable quality. Be on the lookout for half-formed works to be heaped upon the already oversaturated wasteland of bloggery. For my thoughts must be seen and shared! Praise be to narcissism. Why did I break down?

Yesterday my friend Kevin and I were walking down Damen Ave and came across a statue of a cow peering into a telescope, presumably on some type of scientific venture, which, as one can likely surmise, is in itself a noteworthy achievement for a cow, a species who rarely have the time for intellectual curiosity. I do not know exactly what he was attempting to observe, or what analysis he made of his findings; I am not a mind reader, although I did use a semicolon which makes me smart.

A plaque on this statue read "Cowlileo," presumably a pun on famous astronomer "Li'l" Leo Da Vinci. Kevin's keen mind caught the intended meaning however, a play on "Galileo." We agreed that this was tremendously stupid. No possible stretch of the imagination can justify why it would be considered clever or insightful to replace the "Ga" in Galileo with "Cow."

I bemoaned the wasted potential of this stupid name, saying, and I quote, "especially since they could have gone with the much better 'Cowpernicus.'" I came up with this in like two seconds.

That's why.

No comments:

Post a Comment